Lift and Access magazine recently announced winners for their annual Lifting Equipment and Aerial Platforms (LLEAP) Awards.
The LLEAP Awards take into account entries for 5 categories:
- - Aerial lifts: Self-propelled boom or scissor lifts, manually or self-propelled vertical lifts, specialty lifts, and trailer- or truck-mounted aerials.
- - Cranes: Rough-terrain, all-terrain, truck, telescopic-boom crawlers
- - OEM-Developed Features/Essential Components for OEMs: Features developed by an OEM (original equipment manufacturer), or developed jointly by an OEM and a supplier.
- - Aftermarket Support Products or Services: Products and services developed and sold specifically for end users.
- - Material handlers: Rough-terrain telescopic or straight-masted forklifts.
For the aerial lift category, the big winner was the Genie SX-180 Ultra Boom Lift. Some of the reasons this lift won was due to its 180-foot maximum platform height and also the capability to be hauled on a standard 8’2”-wide trailer without requiring an over-width permit.
The SX-180 was the world’s tallest self-propelled boom lift upon release. Plus, it also has a maximum platform capacity is 750 pounds anywhere in the work area.
Whatever model of aerial lift or scissor lift you plan on using, Aerial Lift Certification makes sure your safety comes first. OSHA guidelines are a big part of our instruction and training (our staff includes OSHA experts), and our comprehensive course content can be taken at your convenience.
Best of all, we have 3 types of training available for your co-workers (Training Kit, Train the Trainer and Bundle Package), which provides a custom training experience for any type of employee you need to get trained and up to speed. Remember, aerial lift workers with the most current training are better prepared to both get jobs and perform safely in those jobs!.
To learn more about ALC, or to sign up for classes today, check out our contact page. You can also talk directly to our team of aerial lift OSHA experts at (888) 278-8896. We look forward to working with you.